How can we leverage Berlin’s public transportation infrastructure to make goods delivery smart and sustainable?
During the intense six-day program, participants will explore new approaches to sustainable city transport logistics. They will innovate, learn and connect in a diverse community of inspiring individuals. The City of Goods Challenge will take place in one of the world’s most dynamic and and sustainability-focused capitals, Berlin.
31st of August 2018 – 28th of September 2018
11th of November 2018 to 16th of November 2018
The DO School campus in Berlin, Germany
Individuals residing in Europe over the age of 18 who have demonstrated a pioneering, creative spirit in fields such as – but not limited to – logistics, mobility, urban planning, engineering, shared economy, design and technology.
Selected participants will receive a full scholarship covering tuition, travel cost to and from Berlin and local accommodations for the program duration.
Online shopping is so convenient, yet so stressful on the transportation infrastructure and the environment. In Berlin, 2.450 vehicles deliver around 400.000 packages – a day. These delivery vans clog streets and bike lanes, create noise, and pollute the air.
The DO School, in partnership with BVG, Berlin’s public transportation authority, will bring together 20 talented innovators with diverse backgrounds to co-create compelling new ways of leveraging the public transportation infrastructure to make goods delivery smart and sustainable.
How can buses, subways and stations be used as part of system to transport parcels to individuals and companies? And what role can BVG play in collaboration with traditional service providers and new crowd-delivery opportunities? You will create exciting answers to such questions – and the best approaches to the test.
MEET YOUR DO SCHOOL TEAM
WHAT YOU GET
- The opportunity to develop concrete products and services that will have a real-world impact.
- Lifelong connections with like-minded passionate peers and the chance to join our global community of purposeful Doers.
- Deep insight into the DO School Method, an award-winning, tested innovation approach used by world-leading business and non-profit organisations.
- The ability to work with international experts in your area of interest and also learn from the diverse handpicked peer community.
- And of course: it is great fun to see the community and the project evolving during this innovation sprint!
“The DO School empowers people to create solutions by learning from a diverse group of experts as well as fellow DOers. All aspects of the Challenge taught me so much. I am now ready to grow my venture.”
Alumni, Founder of Social Technology Hub
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- A 60 second introduction video
- Four questions with regard to your motivation, experience and expectations
- A link / document to support your application
Please note: only applications which meet the formal requirements will be considered. After reviewing the applications, we will invite selected candidates for a 30 minute Skype interview. All applicants will be informed of the outcome on their application, whether successful or not.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about the application and selection process, please get in touch with Catia Dawood
Talent and Community Manager